There are eight categories in English language. Every word of this language belongs to one of these categories. These categories …
Singular Plural continues….. * Some nouns are used in plural forms only. Scissors, spectacles, jeans, trousers, drawers, shorts, thanks, proceeds, …
Singular number is always used to denote single person or thing .Plural number is always used to denote more than one person or thing.
But there are some nouns for which the same word is used as singular and plural. For eg- sheep, deer, pair, dozen, scote, gross, species, series, hundred, thousand, aircraft etc.
We will be giving some more of these peculiarities about singular/plural in the future posts. So keep reading…..
1. Banter means jokes, hasi- mazak.
2. Imbecile means stupid or idiot, murkh.
* ‘Jhagde ki Jhopdi’ ek aisa muhavra hai jo kafi use me aata hai. Friends! Kya aap jante hai ki in English it is spoken as ‘Bone of contention’.
* The word ‘Breathe’ is a verb and its noun is breath.
* A group of boys is called Batch.
A group of girls is called Bevy.
* Vegan means a person who doesn’t eat meat or any other food products of animals.
Vocab of today 1.Aborigines-The original inhabitant of a country 2.Acrophobia-Fear of high places